European software company established in 1989 who has focused its 33 years in the market for developing solutions in Asset Integrity Management through its software platforms: Palladio (Windows based) and Antea Platform (Web based on Spring Boot/Hibernate/Vaadin stack). The different disciplines covered include management of inspections, maintenance operations, RBI, FFS in oil & gas, chemical, petrochemical, energy, and utility sectors. The Italian based company is the software provider of major Italian and worldwide companies in the industry, including ENI, Exxon, API, and others. It has global presence with currently 5 offices in Italy, Canada, United States, Algeria, and Malaysia.
For our branch in Algeria, we are looking for a Senior Developer who will join in the Java development team and will work closely with other developers on the Antea Platform.
These requirements are intended as a baseline for senior developers in Antea:
- Master / Bachelor’s degree or diploma in computer science-related disciplines.
- Several years’ experience in software industry for senior position ( at least 2 years).
- Resourcefulness and passion for technology.
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming language.
- Knowledge of SQL databases.
- Teamwork inclination, dynamism, flexibility, initiative.
- Excellent problem-solving attitude.
- Willingness to national and international transfers.
- Good English speaker.
We are looking for some specific skills, at least one of them is required:
- Hibernate and JPA: the applicant should have had experience in optimizing data access in Spring applications (knowledge in Spring Data, Hibernate, JPA, O/R data mapping, best practices in Hibernate and in HQL language). The applicant will work on the optimization of existing code and will help other developers in the design of new data mapping.
- Operations and Infrastructure: the applicant should have had experience in CI, automated deployment, Docker, AWS, bash scripting, Linux. He/she will work with (or in) the Operations team to manage and automate installations and the update of software instances, to design and oversee the CI platform and process, and help the software deployment to grow.
- Web services and Integrations: the applicant should have had experience in writing client and server for SOAP and REST webservices in Spring, using WSDL, Swagger, Spring-WS. He/she will mainly work on integrations with third-party systems mainly using webservices. Purpose of these integrations is usually the exchange of information about Asset Management, scheduling of operations, KPIs.
- Cybersecurity: the applicant should have had experience in security management in Spring applications. We are interested in network security, user security, delegated authentication, data, and DB security. The applicant will concentrate on making our software platform compliant with customer’s security policies, on integrating our platform with 3rd-party authentication servers, and other tasks.
- These skills are not mutually exclusive and day-by-day work will not be focused entirely on these sectors. The applicant will also work on the development of new features for the Antea Platform.
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge of the following development tools: IntelliJ IDEA, git, maven.
- Knowledge of the following libraries/technologies: Vaadin.
The following are general responsibilities we ask to developers in the Antea Java team.
- Document and test software applications.
- Assess new application ideas.
- Develop part of applications (coding, programming).
- Carry out established activities and any additional responsibilities which are mutually agreed upon by the candidate and site supervisor.
- Fulfill agreed activities upon time commitments.
- Conduct oneself in a responsible and professional manner.
- Perform software development tasks and assist in the design and architecture of software applications individually or as a team member.
- Review, analyze, and modifies programming systems to include coding, testing, debugging, installing, and documenting to support organization’s software applications.
- Software user interface design and usability.