Oil & Gas Case Study. The client, a major onshore and offshore operator, was using an inspection data management software (IDMS) license from a competitor that was due to expire.
Unhappy with the high price and lack of functionality in comparison to what an industry peer had been experiencing from Antea, they opted to forego renewing the old license and migrate to Antea Web AIM software.
The impact to business was wasted expenditure on an insufficient product. The challenge would be the work required to properly recover old data and improve the way of managing it. This would also need to be completed in a very short turnaround time. The transition between using the old solution and the new had to be minimal because there were offshore activities required to work.
To successfully migrate to a more cost-effective and technologically advanced solution, the client required:
- Ability to recover all the historical data that they had using the previous license
- Maintain the old functionalities (while adding new and enhanced ones in addition)
- Adapt to their workflows
- Add tailored features and functionalities to improve their work
- Implement a solution compatible with Eni
Antea Web AIM and IDMS software was chosen as the ideal solution, due to:
- Configurability of the platform
- Ability to tailor it to workflows and needs in the most optimized manner
- Expert technical team with decades of globally proven industry experience and 100% customer retention
- Ability to port from the old database in a proper way and on a tight schedule
As part of the implementation, Antea met all schedule objectives and provided:
- Onsite and remote meetings for solution analysis
- Definition of software specification and workflow
- Test of the workflow
- Approval of the functionalities
- Agreement of the porting of data details
- Test of porting
- Approval of porting data
- Final porting and shut down of old database
- Final delivery and starting to use new solution
- Online support
- New projects
As a result, the company was able to port to a more cost-effective, optimized, and technologically advanced software – migrating from the old system seamlessly and with all objectives achieved on time.
They are already experiencing improved workflows with the new features provided in Antea Web. Antea’s on-prem and remote data management support has proven to add significant value as the time and resource requirements for the client’s team are significantly reduced.
The client is so satisfied with the results thus far, that they are already working on new projects with Antea:
- Merging of database and procedures between what is currently two different databases/ways of working on multiple sites;
- Internal development project “Digital Field Worker” to adopt the usage of Antea Mobile App in the field.
To view or download the printable version of this case study, click here.