This major oil & gas operator had been using a competitor’s asset integrity management (AIM) software and were dissatisfied. It was too slow for their operations and too difficult for users to use in the different fields. They were seeking an alternate AIM software that could provide:
- Faster speed
- Better user interface
- Similar functionality (especially MAWT calculations)
- Additional functionality (scheduler management, for one)
- Risk Based Inspection (RBI) for adherence to API 581
- Web-based platform
- Seamless connectivity with SAP and IP
The slow speed of the previous AIM software, coupled with its difficulty to be used in the different fields, led to inefficient workflows and wasted time/resources during daily operations. This also results in excessive time to find (TTF) data in order to be proactive with maintenance decisions and avoid failure. The limited functionality of the old system hindered their ability to optimize maintenance, operations, and inspection scheduling.
An industry peer had incredible success migrating from the same slow platform to Antea Web AIM software (formerly Palladio), which piqued the client’s curiosity about Antea and gave them confidence in its capabilities. The following features made Antea Web stand out:
- 3D model editor
- Digital twin
- P&ID management
- RBI compliance with API 581
- Scheduler management
- The ability to easily upload attachments
- Faster speed
- Intuitive user interface for easy use
- Integration with SAP/IP
For implementation, Antea migrated the old database while developing additional functionality. Antea analyzed the old database and came up with agile processes for smooth implementation, including dividing the development into manageable phases. After each phase of data migration, the customer found faster feedback and reduced rework – results that kept expounding as the process continued.
Antea provided robust training at early stages and along the way to ensure key users were equipped with proficient knowledge to best optimize use of the new software. Another round of training was provided after the go-live for additional functionality (3D modeling, RBI tool).
Along the way, Antea was able to adapt the plan and propose alternate solutions as the client discovered different preferences for what they required and did not require. Additionally, KPIs were developed based on the company’s specifications to help them manage their assets and be able to demonstrate results to management.
As a result, the company experienced:
- Substantially increased speed that eliminated the challenges of the previous software
- Easier to use and properly trained users eliminated the issues previously occurring in different fields
- Vastly improved simplicity of data uploading, especially for thickness measuring and attaching inspection reports
- Exceptional customer support from Antea with maintenance engineering, data management and optimization, and training – allowing
- them to focus their time and resources on more critical tasks and improving operations overall.
- The client has already expressed interest in expanding their use of Antea Web, tailoring it even further to inspection workflows.
To view or download the printable version of this case study, click here.